When you’re in a position of power, such as a leadership role, it is completely normal to have feelings of self-doubt, anxiety, or a lack of confidence in your abilities. It is essential to recognize and acknowledge that these feelings are common among successful people, and it does not mean that something is wrong with you or where you are in your career. You are competent and deserving of your accomplishments. So, in this episode, I will be sharing tools and strategies to work through imposter syndrome.
Listen in as I explain what imposter syndrome is, how it shows up for people, and how to identify these feelings in your own life. You will learn why you do not need to know everything all the time, how imposter syndrome can impact your business if left unchecked, and how to self-coach through your negative thoughts. Remember, the goal is not to never feel self-doubt but rather, to understand and recognize when you are having those thoughts and how to deal with them when they arise.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The importance of remembering that many people deal with imposter syndrome.
- How to recognize when you’re having negative thoughts.
- The history of imposter syndrome.
- How imposter syndrome often shows up in people.
- The importance of remembering that you can’t know everything.
- How imposter syndrome can impact your business if left unchecked.
Ideas Worth Sharing:It’s important to remember that everything can’t go perfectly all of the time. – Elisia Keown Click To Tweet A lack of confidence in a leader can impact decision making, which then impacts their ability to lead their teams effectively, which ultimately leads to a lack of clear direction and motivation in their organization. – Elisia Keown Click To Tweet It is completely normal for imposter syndrome to pop up. You’re not alone. – Elisia Keown Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Elisia Keown: LinkedIn | Instagram
- Pauline Rose Clance – Imposter Phenomenon and the Clance Imposter Phenomenon Scale (IP Test)
- Dr. Valerie Young on Imposter Syndrome
Share the Love:
If you like The Executive Coaching Podcast…
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, or by RSS!