Have you ever wondered why some people are able to captivate an entire audience with their words, while others struggle to even begin their presentation without feeling anxious and nervous? In this episode, we will explore the mental barriers and challenges that hinder our ability to give powerful and impactful presentations in front of large groups of people, and how to overcome them.
Listen in to learn why public speaking is such a challenge for people and the ten issues that may arise if we do not work through this fear. Additionally, we cover common mistakes people make when trying to overcome this fear (such as relying too heavily on big words to sound intelligent) and techniques to get past the fight or flight response that may arise when beginning a public speech or presentation. If you want to conquer your fear of public speaking and become a more confident and effective leader, don’t miss this episode!
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to feel more confident at speaking in front of groups of people.
- The power of overcoming your fear of public speaking.
- Why public speaking is such a challenge for people.
- Mistakes to avoid when trying to overcome this common fear.
- Where the fear of public speaking truly comes from.
- The 10 issues that may come up if we do not work through this fear.
- Why you don’t need to overuse big words to sound intelligent.
- The benefit of being able to read the room.
Ideas Worth Sharing:It is a coachable skill to get great at speaking in front of large groups of people. – Elisia Keown Click To Tweet A lot of challenges that we have when we’re going through a presentation are mental. – Elisia Keown Click To Tweet If someone asks you a question during a meeting or presentation, it’s okay to be direct and say that you don’t have an answer at this time. You do not have to have all of the answers at any given time. – Elisia Keown Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share the Love:
If you like The Executive Coaching Podcast…